Eeekk, I can’t believe I did it! I graduated college in less than 4 years with honors and DEBT FREE from one of the top 30 universities in the world. I am the first girl in my entire family to graduate from UT Austin after all my uncles on what was basically a full-ride scholarship! I couldn’t be more excited and proud to have accomplished such a big goal, and make my family proud. As a first generation student, there were difficult moments where I had no one to look to for advice, especially since no one else in my family was a pre-med. My accomplishments were 100% my own with the help of so many friends and mentors I’ve met along the way. Hard work and perseverance really does go a long way, and although I’m going to miss college so much, I am excited to see what adventure life will take me next!
I know you probably have some questions about me, who I am, and what have I made of my college experience, so I decided to put together a few facts about my undergrad life:
- College: The University of Texas at Austin
- Major: Honors in Advanced Human Development and Family Science
- Thesis topic: Maternal depression and children’s socioemotional adjustment: The role of dyadic mutually responsive orientation and mothers’ aversion sensitivity
- Organizations: Kappa Rho Pre-Medical Honor Society, Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, Freshman Research Initiative, Emerging Scholars Program, Global Medical Brigades, and Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Society
- Leadership: Social Coordinator and Historian for Kappa Rho Premedical Honor Society, and youth leader for Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Society
- Adventures: Medical mission trip in Honduras with Global Medical Brigades, and studied abroad in Italy